"When your head gets noisy, write it down" turn out it looks like a complaining and crazy blog now. It was blog full of critical thinking, social cause awareness, motivation and other positive energy. But at a point, it flipped 180 degree, there some posts tried to back to those "positive energy only", but not yet succeeded. Keep fall and fall. Anyway, dont you think write down your crazy thoughts here is better than to mainstream social media?

Saturday, October 5, 2024

My past still feels like yesterday #3

It was first Idul Fitri since I left home for study in university. I was around 18 years old. My leg hurting, left leg I guess. Its like my identity in college, many people associated me with limp walk. It was painful. That day I was in home, its holiday. Our big family has gathering, regular gathering every ied. I was talking I dont wanna attend the gathering. Because of my paining leg, tho yes it also because of my nature to not be interested in that event.

My father said, with a scolding tone,  "if you dont wanna attend then who will give you money for living?" it hurt my heart, a lot. My father want to say like he is the one that give me money for living, I should follow him, he want me to always attend the gathering and I should do, no excuse.

Why it hurts me? More than I feel like he doesnt care me regarding my painful leg, he use money to own me which he didnt actually give. I was in scholarship and not asking money from my parent. Yes I bring some money when leaving home, but its not much. I swear I bought a small piece of chicken which mostly contain of flour for me to eat twice in a day. There even time I eat with salt only, yes rice and salt. Its when the scholarship didnt come after months and I dont ask money to my parent.

Even when I came back to university after that ied holiday, I think he even said "the money I wanna give hasnt come yet, is it fine?" like he ask if its fine for me to not bring any money. of course I said "its fine". I dont remember it end up he gave me money or not when I was leaving.

I am crying now. The pain is still in my chest. 

I dont have a good relationship with my relatives. Its not like we have conflict, but I never feel comfortable to be with them and I think the way my father treat me, its not like making me feel comfortable with the situation but rather make me feel more to avoid meeting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment