"When your head gets noisy, write it down" turn out it looks like a complaining and crazy blog now. It was blog full of critical thinking, social cause awareness, motivation and other positive energy. But at a point, it flipped 180 degree, there some posts tried to back to those "positive energy only", but not yet succeeded. Keep fall and fall. Anyway, dont you think write down your crazy thoughts here is better than to mainstream social media?

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bring Our Own Shopping Bag

I have idea to do this since my first year in college. I don't know clearly from where and exactly when its come. I just remember that these days I always save the plastics I got when I buy some foods or anything stuff. And its almost everyday. I collect for app. one year and its really really lot. I start to think, how I can do this? this really bad for the environment and actually, we often don't really need the plastic. I mean we can put our purchases in our backpack, pocket or reuse our plastic in case its not direct contact to our sensitive stuff like food.

I know before that in some countries, we need to bring our own bag if we shop in supermarket because the cashier won't give it. And the important thought is that the bag made from plastic (we called it plastik kresek) won't broke down or degrade until 400 years (I forget where I got this number). Imagine that every people in this worlds use plastic everyday and sadly, actually we do not really need the plastics. Recently, there are degradable plastic bag, but its still great if we can reduce our litter especially if its not really needed. Then you know, in our beloved country, Indonesia, there are still people littering everywhere. I think its dominated enough with the bags plastic. Its terrible.

Its not easy to change what called habit. Yes, I still lazy or late to move, maybe other person will have better turning point, but oke, at least I try. I try to reduce plastics I get in shopping. In the second year, I wanna try to practice, but if I evaluate, I must say its fail, but yes its start. I have practical bag to bring. In the third year, oh I really cant remember, am I too frustrated with school?. Oke, at the fourth year, I make good enough improvement. I always put reusable bag (the green bag, as you see in the photo) in my backpack and always bring it when go to traditional-, mini- or super-market. In fact, I also bring small bag I saved to facilitate when I buy food like bakso, batagor, vegetable, etc, but its still not working well. I almost always forget to take that from my backpack when I buy food. Or sometimes I shy. Shy? yes, its true ashamed to shy like that but its happen. Sometimes its like what I do is nonsense or make me become strange person that do unusual thing but nothing.

Ah, its just need little brave more and try to make it a habit. Its not easy in the first, not because difficult to do but just about want or not and little brave. Say to the cashier or the seller "Sini aja Pak/Bu/A'/Teh"  while show our bag. By repeating, its got easier. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment